You may be asking yourself "What is acupuncture"? In a nutshell it is a form of traditional Chinese Medicine in which very small filament like needles are inserted and manipulated into certain points along the meridians of your body to relieve pain, restore balance,and help with a variety of illnesses and difficulties. On the whole, though, it is so much more then that.
Here are a few basics:
- Different points of the body are stimulated using needles,finger pressure and heat or all three.
- Points are located on the meridians, which are channels that carry energy(qi)
- This energy flows thru the meridian channels to points in the body.
- The merdians correspond to the organ systems of the body.
- Excess blockage of energy(qi) in the meridians can result in pain or disease. Balance can be achieved.
- Movement of stagnate energy(qi) can stimulate and activate the bodies immune and healing systems.
Here is a general list of conditions that can be helped:
Fatigue and Stress
Fertility Issues Fibromyalgia
Women's Health Issues
Cold & Flu treatment and prevention
General Health & Well-being
Need to find an acupuncture practitioner in your area? Check out Acufinder.com
If you have any questions or comments, please email us Here